"GDL Rocked Southern California" the week of April 23.
The week was packed with GDL related events. They included GDL classes by David Nicholson-Cole, a 3D Object Technology Seminar, the first meeting between GDL Technologies and the GDL Alliance and ending with the
GOSUB 2001: !Party.
The GDL world is moving forward in a big way. GDL Alliance and GDL Technologies, Inc. met and discussed how both organizations can work together to promote GDL worldwide.GDLA members will be receiving an in depth report of where the GDL world is going based on these meetings.
John Stebbins ( short dude in the middle )
at GDL Week
GDL Week Events:
- Wednesday, April 25, 3:00 PM to 5:00 PM:
3D Object Technology Seminar (see below)
- Thursday & Friday, April 26 & 27, 9:30 - 5:30 PM:
Beginning and Intermediate GDL Workshops with David Nicholson-Cole at EON Reality in Irvine.
- Thursday, April 26, 7:00 PM: GDL Alliance/GDL Tech Summit Meeting at EON Reality in Irvine (Free event open to GDL Alliance Members)
- Saturday, April 28, 3:00 - ?: GDL Week, GOSUB 2001: ! Party
Pool-side BBQ for GDL evangelists, developers and aficionados. This took place at a private residence in Pasadena, CA. Venue sponsored by Onuma & Associates and Webscape. ( Free event open to GDL Alliance Members )
GDL Week Party - GDLA Members Friends and Family
Stefan Larsson - GDL Technologies
Kimon Onuma - Onuma / Webscape
Mats Johansson - EON Reality
Alfred Man - Onuma / Webscape
Susan Mitchell - Onuma / Webscape
Brian Emerson - Onuma / Webscape
Joe Pauley - EON Reality
John Stebbins - Digial Vision
Payman Abolfathi - Folio Group
Thomas Dalbert - Dalbert + Wyrsch Architects
Erika Epstein - Erika Epstein Architect
Kevin Poulsen - Undecillion
"3D Object Technology - The Next Leap Forward in Building Industry CAD Automation"
Date: Wednesday, April 25,
Time: 3:00 PM to 5:00 PM
Location: EON Reality, 31 Technology Drive West, Suite 150A, Irvine
3D object technology is replacing 2D blocks and symbols as architectural CAD moves from 2D drafting to 3D "object models" that allow the architect to extract a multitude of information from "virtual buildings." Attend this free seminar to learn about the latest developments in building industry object technology.
Stefan Larsson VP Marketing, GDL Technologies, Inc., Budapest, Hungary
- Managing parametric 3D objects on the Web
- Building product manufacturers turn to 3D catalogs
Mats Johansson, President, EON Reality, Irvine,
- The latest web-based 3D product selection technology
- Customer case studies: OfficeDepot and Shea Homes
- Immersive virtual reality for architectural presentations
Kimon Onuma of Webscape and Onuma & Associates Architects, Pasadena and Tokyo
- How 3D object technology benefits the architectural office
Sponsored by Digital Vision Automation, Inc., EON Reality, Inc., and GDL
As you can see there were many exciting events. Watch for our next gathering.
Thanks for yoru support.
Kimon G. Onuma
President Pro Temp - The GDL Alliance
511 Mission Street
South Pasadena, CA 91030